hampton brain strokes...



Maybe it's the big duck, but as soon as Manhattanites cross over to the Hamptons, by Jitney or whatever, they seem to turn into complete idiots.

Craig and I overheard the following sound-bytes in the following scenerios while Hamptoning this weekend:

OUTSIDE A CARVEL, NEXT TO A FREE CLINC
MAN & WOMAN IN FORMAL WEAR EXIT

Woman
That was GREAT! I got a tetanus shot and everything!

Man
Yep.

Woman
What do I owe you?

-----

OUTSIDE THE UA MOVIE THEATRE IN S. HAMPTON
MAN SHOUTS TO "DEB" WHO IS 20 FT AWAY

Man
Deb, smell the popcorn?!

Deb
I don't want any popcorn.

Man
No, DO YA SMELL THE POPCORN?!!

Woman
Oh, yes, I do smell the popcorn!

-----

BOOK HAMPTON INFO COUNTER
WOMAN CUSTOMER ASKS QUESTION

Woman
Hi, um, I just wrote a book that comes out next week. How do I get it, like, sold here?

Bookdealer
Um, well, who is your publisher?

Woman
It's, um, Harper Collins.

Bookdealer
Right, uh, well usually the publicist or book publisher will get the books into the stores.

Woman
Cool, cause I didn't quite know if it was just based on sales or what.



This kind of stuff never happens in the Winter in the Hamptons, which is when we usually go out there, so it must be the heat. Speaking of which, check out Josh Rouse's Nashville (thanks to Erik from Playing Doctor) for the music tip. Good CD.