pretentions of advertising, part 2...

I just got this preview CD in the mail with selections from some new musical coming to broadway called In My Life.

The CD sleeve boldy states LISTEN TO THE BEST MUSIC YOU'VE HEARD IN YOUR LIFE!

What an offer!

So, I slip in the CD, click on track two titled I AM MY MOTHER'S SON, and get THIS SONG.

Pretty sure that's one of the worst songs I've ever heard in my life.

It gets better though.

The musical is desribed as this...


A musician with Tourette's syndrome and a Village Voice journalist with obsessive compulsive disorder meet at a grocery store--with some help from above--and begin an unlikely romance that proves that life's greatest affliction is the one they share: true love. With a score by Joe Brooks, the songwriter behind "You Light Up My Life," In My Life promises to be a truly touching theatrical event.


Now I'm sold.