v for vacation...


On the heals of seeing Alfonso Cuaron's incredible Children of Men, I'm off to jolly old England tomorrow morning.

I should be scared out of my mind because the film is absolutely chilling in its depiction of an all-too realistic future, where London stands as the last place on Earth for the human race.

The fact that I moved to New York City only days after seeing Die Hard 3: Die Harder (another movie where terrorist bombs detonate a major city in the film's first five minutes) makes my life-imitates-art track record a little worse for the wear.

On a lighter note though, Children of Men is an amazing film that dances circles around the disappointing The Fountain also being released this holiday season. It's also grounded in a gritty reality that V for Vendetta couldn't crack.

Highly recommended, may cause nightmares.