now the neighbors can dance...

Man, do I love me some Arcade Fire. Not only do they sell out their show faster than you can say "great burning Donkey Kong," but they just played a surprise concert at Ottawa's Canterbury High School!

The only musical act to ever play my high school cafeteria was this one-hit-wonder local funk superstar named Lee Osler. All I remember about Lee was that he had one of those creepy villain curly mustaches and was way less cooler than any member of Kool and the Gang.

His "Back to Ypsilanti," was declared the "official song" of my hometown back in 1983, which I think is total bullshit since Iggy Pop was born in Ypsilanti, and "Lust for Life" will always be the real one.

Of course, Sufjan Stevens', "For The Widows In Paradise, For The Fatherless In Ypsilanti" ain't too shabby either.

CLICK YPSILANTI's FAMOUS
BIG DICK WATER TOWER FOR

LEE OSLER'S CLASSIC JAM
Back to Ypsilanti