i want to believe...

I've been trying to do a little research on something that happened to us in Gettysburg. One of the most common photographic anomalies in common haunted areas is the Orb, in which a white/clear circle appears on your photo.

There are two schools of thought on this occurrence. Skeptics say it's dust, dirt, or moisture captured by the flash of a camera and enlarged by depth of field. Ghost hunters will tell you this is an energy sorce of a paranormal nature.

Let's just say that I have taken my share of night photos, but until the trip to Gettysburg, I have never experienced anything as downright freaky as this.

Hiking back to one of the most frighteningly gruesome establishments in the town (a barn that served as a makeshift operations center for amputees), Ann and I snapped the following photos...