the pants fit everybody...

A few years ago I went to a screening of a movie I had absolutely no connection to what so ever.

I walked out of the screening moved, touched, and confident that I could put on any pair of jeans in my closet with ease no matter how fat my ass has become.

That of course, is the magic of movies, and while I turn into a 14 year old girl for this weekend's eagerly awaited Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2: The Tomb of the Crystal Army, I will be donating all of my skinny-Todd jeans to the Change the World One Pair of Jeans at a Time Denim Drive.

For a list of places you too can ditch your acid-washed jeans from 1987 (you know you still have a pair) click here.

Your collected denim will be reclaimed into cotton and then made into insulation, which will be used for energy efficient home building in New Orleans through Habitat for Humanity.

How freakin' cool is that?!!!

If you live in New York City, you can donate your denim at the New York Warner Bros. office at 1325 Avenue of the Americas (between 53rd and 54th Street). Just look for the collection standee in the lobby.