hoedowns and horas...


I've just returned from my childhood friend Caryn's wedding, which I have to say now wins the award for most unique wedding I've ever attended.

Now that I'm a Jew among many in New York, I often find it hard to explain that, yes, there are other chosen people spread throughout the country, and some even live in the midwest. And while Ann Arbor certainly has an amazing Jewish community that I'm proud to have grown up in, I don't think anything could prepare me for Caryn's farm wedding complete with bluegrass band, chickens, hay, wheelbarrows and more organic/locally grown/fair trade food than my body should ever have to digest ever again.

As Woody Allen noted about relationships "they're totally irrational, and crazy, and absurd, and... but, uh, I guess we keep goin' through it because, uh, most of us... need the eggs." Caryn and Matt will most definitely have eggs to last a lifetime. Both figuratively and literally.

Mazel Tov, y'all...



PS - If you're looking for some really unique baby gifts or even want to pamper yourself with all-natural, homeopathic products, check out Caryn's website ARTEMISIA!