spoiler alert...

I just got back from a preview test screening of TERMINATOR: SALVATION, the much anticipated prequel to the Terminator trilogy.

Generally, I hate spoilers, but I can't believe the direction they went with the film, and I feel the need to share the plot with my readers.

In the year 2018, the lucrative technology corporation called Skynet continues to be run by former president Cindy McCain. When a series of malfunctions on military weaponry supplied by the organization turns on its operators, a conspiracy is revealed going back to the formation and funding of Skynet. Cindy is really Syn-D, an android prototype hellbent on the destruction of mankind. Now, only serial killer Patrick Bateman is Earth's last hope for the salvation the movie title promises.

In theatres 2009.