this used to be my playground...

So, I'm back at Walt Disney World this week gearing up for the marathon on Sunday and I have to point out that this is the first time I've been here in nearly ten years. It's been sixteen years since I worked at Disney World and I knew that this trip would open the floodgates of memories, while keeping me a little sad that so much has changed.

Other than the fact that Lake Buena Vista is the fastest developed land mass since modern Manhattan, it's really great to see the parks moving ahead and flourishing for the most part. After spending today at the Magic Kingdom and a little at EPCOT, I see that Disney World is recession proof still due to Brazilian tour groups. God bless them. Brazilians, please come to New York and spend more of that money. We'll even let your tour guide hold one of those crazy red or white flags as they parade you in groups of one hundred.
I finally got my hair cut at the Barber Shop on Main Street USA, which was a truly memorable experience. I have a new best friend in the fabulous Jamaican stylist who cut my hair and gossiped to me about the latest back stage antics as soon as she learned I was a former cast member. It was hysterical. I guess they've done away with the barbershop quartets and lollypops and replaced them with funky hairstyles complete with colored hair gels and "pixie dust" confetti and glitter. I opted out of that finishing touch, but many kids walked out of there sparkling like a glam rock concert audience.

More memories to share later in the trip, but I had to post this incredible trailer for Disney's Space Buddies, which I saw a poster for on my way to the monorail. I haven't been this excited since Sandy Duncan and The Cat From Outer Space...