metrosexual jumps the shark...

I gotta tell you, I'm not really a big fan of this whole genre of bromance comedies like I Love You, Man, Knocked Up, or even Chuck and Larry. Me mixing fart jokes with "the whole shadowy borderland between male camaraderie and homosexual panic" (as noted in the latest Esquire) just isn't funny.

The trailer for the upcoming Humpday, about two straight guys that decide to film themselves having sex to impress their friends with their "outrageousness," is probably the most jaw-droppingly offensive premise for a film since Threesome. The big scene features these two dudes saying things like "okay, you go first" or "rule one, no kissing."

I mean, not for nothing, this Sundance selection needs to grow-the-fuck-up.

Far be it from me to judge it before I see it, but I guarantee that no self-respecting gay man will be rushing to a comedy where the punch-line's the awkwardness of two guys getting intimate.

It may, however, cause a few bromances to go all the way.