With the exception of Splice, this summer's box office is pretty dismal. Even though Iron Man 2 and Shrek 4 were passable and entertaining, originality and a true reward on the big screen is seriously lacking.
That said, here's what I'm looking forward to at the movies this summer:
• Forget Brolin, John Malkovich will be the true star of Jonah Hex
• Predators may just return the scare factor so incredibly striped from the AVP flicks.
• The Sorcerer's Apprentice should be guilty pleasure nonsense.
• Inception will make no sense, but nevertheless mind-blowing.
• Piranha 3D has freakin' piranhas, Christopher Lloyd, Elizabeth Shue and Richard Dreyfuss. In 3D!!!!!
• Resident Evil Afterlife 3D has freakin' zombies. In 3D!!!!!
• Legend of The Guardians : The Owls of Ga Hoole is Happy Feet with owls. Who doesn't like owls? Get it - who?