ne touchez pas...

I know I shouldn't be looking a gift horse dans la bouche, but the InterContinental Carlton Cannes is a little bit too obsessed with arranging my personal belongings every time they come to clean the room.

They have gone above and beyond maid duty to make sure every single item I own meets proper placement and Carlton etiquette...

Exhibit A:TOILETRIES ARRANGED ON TOWEL

Thus making me feel like a big girl with the sheer volume of crap it takes to keep me pretty.

Exhibit B:PROPER BOOK MARKING

Apparently my Planet of the Apes ticket stub was not adequate for my book, thus a replacement official Carlton one was placed in it.

Exhibit C:NICK NACK REASSIGNMENT

Not sure why they felt to take the random things on the main desk and arrange like this into a ashtray, but more power to them. It made a nice still-life for the photo.