I love Paris
why, oh why do I love Paris?


Have you seen the MTV series Paris Hilton's My New BFF? Okay, I finally sat down and watched the first episode online (click here for the experience) , and it only further supported my theory about her.

I love Paris the same way I love Martha Stewart. They are both pop icons with larger-than-life egos that seem to be under the impression they are role models for their respective generations. What's not to love about that?

On PHsMNBFF, we get to watch a gaggle of gals, and two, um, "guys," compete to be Paris Hilton's new best friend. They back stab, gossip, bitch and booze their way to the top, all manipulated by Paris, who seems to be heavily sedated and can't go anywhere without her scary musician boy-toy Benji Madden. She actually doesn't spend all that much time with the contestants, as much as she makes fabulous special guest appearances and follows up with Blackberry texts. By the way, when did the Blackberry become chic amongst the youth? I have one for work, and I still hate it.

If you're wondering, my favorite contestant on PHsMNBFF is this transgendered (shhh, he don't know yet) dude named Onch, whose, according to MTV's website, favorite color is "rainbow." He's like the love-child of Dee-Lite's Towa Tei and an Oompa-Loompa.

The show does have me thinking how would they ever do a second season? Would there be a new new BFF? Here's my suggestion to MTV. Go for an older demo, like, I don't know, the generation that you gave birth to - mine?

Just a suggestion...